Wills have gotten a bad rap. When most of us think of a Will, the first thing that pops into our head is a complicated and messy legal document that belongs in the 'too hard' basket. For so long, this has been sadly accurate of the current state of affairs for estate planning.
So when people decide that they're going to make their Will (with this idea in mind), they're shocked to hear that with Safewill you don't really need to do any prep. Safewill was designed to be easy enough for people with no legal background at all to use. We've taken all of the guesswork out of the process by providing helpful tips and tricks along the process, so that you are never left trying to guess what is meant by different terms. You just need to think about what you want to get from the process.
To make the Will-writing process as quick as possible, there are a few things to have ready for when you begin:
- The basic details of your Will contacts. These key people listed in your Will are:
- Your partner
- Your children
- Your chosen executor
- Your chosen guardians
- Your chosen beneficiaries
You'll need to know the full legal name and residential address of all these people to complete your Will. You should also include their email address to help your executor locate and identify these people, and to notify them all that they have been included in your Will. We'll never contact these people without your permission.
- Some of your wishes for your estate. These could be:
- Who you want to appoint as your executor
- Who will be the guardians for your dependants
- Who you'd like to inherit your Residual Estate
- Any specific gifts you'd like to leave to your beneficiaries
- Special requests for your funeral service
- Any asset information you wish to include to help your executor locate your assets
If you don't have everything thought through just yet, that's okay - we provide helpful tips and tricks along the way to make the process as easy as possible.
Once you're ready, click here to get started.
If you have any more questions make sure to contact our support team here.